Monday, September 24, 2007

A SERVANT'S PRAYER

Most Precious Lord Jesus…
Gentle And Wonderful God…
Truly Awesome And Ever-present Holy Spirit…
Lord Jesus, I love you.
My life is blessed because you called me to be your servant.
Thank you for putting your call on me because your call has given my life a meaning and purpose I could not find anywhere else on earth.
Help me know how much you love me by helping me be a humble and giving servant.
Help me be a humble servant who takes your orders and makes your deliveries.
Forgive me when I treat you as if you were the servant instead of the Master.
Forgive me when I have so many urgent needs I want you to fill I forget I am the servant.
Forgive me when I think of you as only a vending machine waiting to roll out the blessings and answers when I give you my list of needs.
As your servant, help me to humbly help others and deliver your love and essence to everyone I meet.
Help me humbly see the needs of others in the part of the world you have given me.
Give me the vision and heart to see the hurt and broken persons in my world.
Help me see the many broken hearts, broken homes, broken lives, and broken relationships.
I know you love me.
I know you hold me in the palm of you tender and nail-scarred hands.
Help me remember you hold all people of every walk and faith on earth in your hands.
When I go out to serve you today, help me beam out your love and care to all the people I meet.
Lord, I love you.
I get busy and forget to tell you.
When I get busy with the daily grind of my life, give me a vision of how important my life is in your eyes.
Remind me being a servant is not easy but that I have the right Holy Spirit stuff needed to do this work.
And when you can, tickle my funny bones, give me goofiness, and make me laugh at myself.
All these things I humbly pray in the name of my most Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, my Mighty God, and my Ever-present Holy Spirit upon whom I can rely.
Amen