Monday, November 17, 2008

Household Topic November 17 - 23, 2008

Do Not Judge Others (Romans 14: 1-12)

Verse:


"Who are you to judge the servants of someone else?"

Reflection:


Many times, we wrongly judge others by using ourselves as yardstick. The Lord continuously reminds us of pride. Pride is self-focus. Pride is self-righteousness. Pride is wrongly taking yourself as standard.

The world does not revolve around us. We do not own anything. All is the Lord's. And so the Lord reminds us - "Who are you to judge the servants of someone else?"
If we are loved, if we receive love, and if we are blessed with the grace to share it - all are possible because of the greatest love that God is.

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Discussion Questions:

1. What beliefs do I have of myself that I use to judge others?

2. What is it in others that I long to have in myself?

3. Does it impact on me - that we are all truly servants of God?