Tuesday, February 23, 2010

THE WAY OF THE CROSS


Stations Home

Fourteenth Station Thirteenth Station Twelfth Station Eleventh Station Tenth Station Ninth Station Eighth Station Seventh Station Six Station Fifth Station Fourth Station Third Station Second Station First Station

THE WAY OF THE CROSS

Adapted from St. Alphonsus Liguori

Before visiting the Stations, let each one make an act of contrition and form the intention of gaining the indulgences, whether for himself or for the souls in purgatory.

Act of Contrition

My Lord Jesus Christ, Thou hast made this journey to die for me with love unutterable, and I have so many times unworthily abandoned Thee; but now I love Thee with my whole heart, and because I love Thee I repent sincerely for having ever offended Thee. Pardon me, my God, and permit me to accompany Thee on this journey. Thou goest to die for love of me; I wish also, my beloved Redeemer, to die for love of Thee. My Jesus, I will live and die always united to Thee.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father

Stabat Mater dolorosa
Juxta crucem lacrymosa,
Dum pendebat Filius.
At the cross her station keeping,
Stood the mournful Mother weeping,
Close to Jesus to the last.