Marriage Enrichment Retreat (MER) is a two‑day weekend activity for couples to discover more intimately the meaning of marriage vocation within the context of God’s plan. The weekend retreat provides time to listen to Christian talks, for couple discussion and most especially prayer and meditation.
STRUCTURE, DYNAMICS AND ELEMENTS
1. Prayer. Being a retreat, the schedule provides adequate time for both common and personal prayer. The retreat is structured in such a way that every activity is centered on Christ. Prayer is an effective way of discovering God’s call with faith and humility.
2. Talks. The retreat provides a series of seven (7) talks focused on examining important areas of Christian marriage and family life. The talks will not only present teachings from the Bible, but practical guidelines will be provided by CFC speakers.
3. Couple Discussion. After each talk is presented, the husband and wife will meet exclusively with one another to discuss and pray about specific aspects of their marriage and family life they need to work on.
4. Action Planning. Towards the end of the retreat, the husband and wife will meet exclusively with one another to discuss and pray about specific aspects of their marriage and family life they need to work on.
5. Fellowship. As part of enhancing the relationship of participating couples and promoting wholesome and healthy entertainment, the retreat provides couples time for interaction as well as program where all couples take part actively.
6. Eucharistic Celebration. To climax the weekend retreat on Sunday, a Holy Mass is celebrated. During the mass, couples renew their marriage vows and offer to God their action plans.
Group No. 2