Monday, June 15, 2009

WHAT DOES GOD WANT?

A Practical Guide to Making Decisions

A book by Fr. Michael Scanlan, James D. Manney 

  • Does it CONFORM to God’s Will?
  • Does it Encourage CONVERSION?
  • Is it CONSISTENT?
  • What CONFIRMS it?
  • CONVICTION: Does the heart say ‘Yes’?

If the answer is NO,well, what you have is CONFUSION!
 

These are some scripture passages that will inspire us in making decisions in our lives.

Make known to me your ways, Lord;

Teach me your paths.

Guide me in your truth and teach me,

For you are God my savior.

For you I wait all the long day.

Ps 25:4-5

Jesus said to them, “ My food is to do the

Will of the one who sent me.”

Jn 4:34

No disciple is above his teacher…

Mt 10:24

Your will be done, on earth as in heaven.

Mt. 6:10

May these passages guide us in our decisions. Ultimately, a point comes when all those who persevere are able to let go of their lives and fall into God’s will. May we all reach that point in His grace and find true path of freedom and peace, which is to discern God’s will – and do it.