Wednesday, May 27, 2009

THREE MINUTES A DAY - May 27, 2009

When Husband and Wife Pray…

Husbands and wives need to take time to pray specifically for their partners. Here are excerpts from a prayer from Dr. Steve Stephens, author of 20 Surprisingly Simple Rules and Tools for a Great Marriage:

“Dear God, forgive me for those days that we get so wrapped up in my own agenda that I don’t actively, lovingly welcome my spouse home. Help me to make my partner’s homecoming the highlight of their day... Plant in my heart the desire to come home... to love my spouse unconditionally.

“Teach me how to make our home a haven of joy, peace and faith. Show me how to create a safe harbor and refuge that is close to Your heart – a place where the storms of life will not damage our love...

“Direct me in ways that will make each homecoming special.”

Building a loving relationship and a loving home requires the efforts of husband and wife.

As a lily among brambles, so is my love among maidens. As an apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among young men. (Song of Solomon 2:2-3)

Holy Spirit, remind couples that they must work together to maintain their love and their relationship.