Monday, March 8, 2010

THE PROMISE

11. THE PROMISE

Words: Gene Alvarado
Music: C2CD

INTRO: C-G-Am-F

C-G-Am-F
Once I was lost and confused
Your words I consciously refuse
Suffering and tribulation came
That’s the time I call your Name

C-G-Am-F
Lord you help me stand again
Lift my burden and ease my pain
Your words and presence made
My life whole and worthy again


REFRAIN.:

C-G, Am-G-F
My Lord, my Saviour, all I ask of you
Accept this sacrifice I offer you
My life my soul belongs to you
Forever and ever I promise you
...I promise you (intro)


C-G-Am-F
This would not happen to me
If I didn’t hear you calling me
Your words is like treasure found
That fill my life with love abound

C-G-Am-F
This is what I promise you
To keep your commandment ever true
Love my neighbor as I love you
Leave my old life and start anew

(Repeat Refrain)


My life, my soul belongs to you
Forever and ever I promise you…..